The Couches from Hell!
Neal and I decided to buy a sofa/couch from Target with a couple of the giftcards we got as wedding presents, since that is basically the only piece of furniture that we didn't have. I found a couch that we really liked in our price range and ordered it online. The couch was going to take about two weeks to be delivered so we made due by watching t.v. on a blanket on the floor for that time. We finally were able to schedule a delivery time/date and made arrangements for Neal to be home from work during that time to sign for the couch delivery. Apparently the delivery driver did not get the memo about our appointment and decided to come a day early, not call either of us, and just leave the couch by our front door. Neal got home that evening before I did and was able to take pictures of the damage to the box and couch.
After I got home from work and assessed the damage, we agreed to call the delivery man back and ask him to take the couch back because it was broken. The delivery man was already on the road and would not be able to come pick up the couch for two more weeks. Instead of waiting that long, we packed the couch back up, loaded it into the truck and drove to the nearest Target, which is about 40 minutes away.
They obviously gave us our money back and reimbursed us for having to drive the couch back ourselves. Once we were back in Rexburg, ID, we decided to give Target another chance, got back on Target.com and ordered a different couch (since the first one we bought was no longer being manufactured). This couch was also going to take two weeks to be delivered.
We started the process of watching t.v. on the floor over and scheduled another delivery date. Two long weeks passed and the day before our appointment, Neal and I came home from classes to find another broken box by our front door. Again, no phone call or any mention of the box coming a day earlier than scheduled.
This box looked better than the first, but upon further inspection, Neal noticed a rip in the box that cut into one of the seat cushions. Awesome. We loaded the box into the truck and made another trip to Target. We were given our money back, but this time we were not reimbursed for the gas it took to drive to Idaho Falls.
I really did not want to order another couch from Target, but since we only had Target giftcards (they refused to give us cash back) and no real money to go buy a couch somewhere more reliable, we ended up ordering another couch from Target.com with the understanding that if this one was delivered broken that my husband was going to have to kill someone.
We ordered another couch, waited another two weeks, and finally got a couch that was delivered safely and in one piece. Hallelujah!
All I can say is I will never buy another piece of furniture from Target.com ever again, and I suggest that everyone else do the same.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home