Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful For... Days 4 through 10

Neal and I just got back from Phoenix, Arizona. We went down for Neal's brother's wedding. While we were gone I didn't stay on top of my daily "thankful for" blog... oops. So, without further adieu...

Day 4: I am thankful for my besties, Richelle and Randi. They have been two of my best friends for a very long time and I love them more than I can explain. They helped me through my teen years and helped me learn to love myself and feel comfortable in my own skin. They've been there for me during all my up's and down's and have seen be through my worst and my best. I miss them so much, but I know that even though we live far apart and don't see each other very often, that they will always love and support me.



 

Day 5: I am thankful for my temple marriage. I always wanted to be sealed in the temple. Even during the time when I was inactive in the Church, I still talked about how someday I would be married in the temple. That goal, along with love and encouragement from Randi and Richelle and some of my other family members, helped me to go back to church when I was 17 and turn my life around. I met my goal on April 12th, 2012, when I  was sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity in the Mesa, Arizona temple.



Day 6: I am thankful for my opportunity to attend a private, four year university. I may not always like BYU-Idaho, but I do know what a blessing it is to have the opportunity to be here.


Day 7: I am thankful for Stacy Ortiz. I believe that Stacy started doing Randi's hair first. Sometime later Stacy started doing my mom's hair... and then started doing my hair regularly when I was 12 or 13. I am spoiled. Stacy is absolutely amazing and I love having my hair done by her! She styled my hair for my high school graduation, for Randi's wedding, for my engagement pictures, and two days in a row for my wedding.




Day 8: I am thankful for the Disney College Program. Living in Anaheim and working at Disneyland for four months was one of the hardest, saddest, and happiest times of my life. I made so many memories and even a couple of friends while I was there. If nothing else, being a part of the DCP strengthened my love for all things Disney!


 
Day 9: I am thankful for my grandma Joyce. I am thankful for the difficult sacrifices that she made at such a young age and throughout her life in order to raise my grandpa and her other children. I am thankful for her influence in my mom's life and now my life. After helping my mom put together my grandpa's 70th birthday present (letters between my grandma Joyce and grandpa Tuffy) I have so much more respect for her.
 


Day 10: I am thankful for my healthy body. Even though I have become overweight since getting married, I do not have any severe health problems. I know that with some hard work, I could get back into the shape that I was in before I got married. Maybe even run another 5k or two...



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home