Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Surprise

This year I thought Neal and I were going to have a small Thanksgiving with just the two of us and maybe few friends. However, Neal and my parents came up with the idea that my dad would come to Rexburg for Thanksgiving as a surprise. Neal worked it out with my boss at work that I would have a late shift (6:30pm to 12:30am) on Wednesday night so that Neal had plenty of time to drive to the Salt Lake City airport to pick up my dad and then drive back. They got into town at about 11:30pm and drove to Albertson's to surprise me. I was ringing up a customer's groceries when I felt someone grab my shoulder from behind. I immediately turned around and was SHOCKED to see my dad standing there. I had zero idea that he was coming. My dad and Neal walked around the store getting the last few things that we needed so that my dad could make our Thanksgiving feast. After I got home from work the three of us stayed up talking for about three hours. I had to work on Thanksgiving from 10am to 4pm, but before I left for work my dad made me monkey bread, eggs, and bacon. I was able to leave work about an hour early because the store was so slow. We finished preparing everything for Thanksgiving dinner and sat down to eat about 5:45pm. Our friends Becca and Travis came for dinner and brought their friend Chris with them. We had a great time eating and talking together. After dinner we all played Apples to Apples and then a round of What's Yours Like. It was a lot of fun. After we played games we had pumpkin, apple, and peppermint cream pie. Becca, Travis, and Chris left at about 9:30pm, and then Neal, my dad and I cleaned up the kitchen and living room. I didn't have to work on Friday so I got to spend the entire day with my dad. We slept in pretty late and then spent the day driving around Rexburg and Idaho Falls doing whatever sounded fun. We ate lunch at Ole's, went shopping at the mall, and had ice cream cones from Reed's Dairy. Friday night we went to Fat Cats and saw Red Dawn, it was a pretty good movie. On Saturday I had to work from 2pm to 11pm, so my dad changed his flight to a Saturday evening flight from a Sunday morning flight since we wouldn't be able to see much of each other on Saturday anyway. I am so happy that I was able to spend some time with my dad. I have missed him so much! And I am so excited to see the rest of my family in just a few weeks for Christmas!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home